Incident Management button inactive

jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Incident Management button inactive

We are experiencing an issue with Incident Management when we attempt to log an incident from within a student screen.  The Create Quick Incident and Create Detailed Incident buttons appear to be inactive since we were updated to 22.9.  

We can still create an incident by going to Incident Management from the Start screen.  We know it is a customization issue because when we turn off customizations it works again.  Has anyone else run into this issue and figured out which customization may be causing it?  I want to avoid walking through all of them if possible until I find the correct one.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
1 Solution
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jasonbengs

Currently, there is no in-built process in PowerSchool to determine which customization or plugin is causing an issue for a specific page. 

You can, however, use the Blue Steel CPM plugin on Exchange to filter to "in a plugin" or "customized" and then export the list or use the PSCB Custom Report to filter pages with and without modifications and also look into plugins used. 

If that does not work, you can try using a Binary Search on the plugins to check which is causing the issue. You would need to spilt the plugins into two groups and observe disabling which group fixes the issue. For instance, if disabling the first group had activated the button, then you would need to spilt that group again into two new groups of plugins and again disable them at a time to check which fixes the issue. Like this, you would need to spilt the plugins till you get the one causing the issue.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jasonbengs

Currently, there is no in-built process in PowerSchool to determine which customization or plugin is causing an issue for a specific page. 

You can, however, use the Blue Steel CPM plugin on Exchange to filter to "in a plugin" or "customized" and then export the list or use the PSCB Custom Report to filter pages with and without modifications and also look into plugins used. 

If that does not work, you can try using a Binary Search on the plugins to check which is causing the issue. You would need to spilt the plugins into two groups and observe disabling which group fixes the issue. For instance, if disabling the first group had activated the button, then you would need to spilt that group again into two new groups of plugins and again disable them at a time to check which fixes the issue. Like this, you would need to spilt the plugins till you get the one causing the issue.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Thank you.  This didn't quite resolve the issue for me, but it did point me in the general direction I needed to go.  

I was able to look at the page with the issue and compare it to the original using Blue Steel.  From there I determined it would be best to revert to the original page (after saving a copy of the customized page).  After reverting to the original, my issues cleared.  

Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge