INow Chalkable Script Change

Highlighted
Corey__Ryan_D

INow Chalkable Script Change

I called PowerSchool on Monday with this issue and have not had a response. I called in yesterday as well and was on hold for 3 hours and never got a live person.

We have a script running that exports data from our Chalkable InformationNow database into an FTP folder which we connect to and download from. Every year we have had to contact someone to modify the script so that it pulls from the correct Academic Session. I need someone to modify the script, or I need someone to help guide me through accessing the data with the InformationNow API so that I can bypass the need for the script altogether.

Someone from PowerSchool that can help me please get in contact with me at ryan.dean@tcschools.com I just need to be pointed in the right direction. All methods of support contact so far have not been fruitful.

3 Replies
Community Moderator MickeyL
Community Moderator

Re: INow Chalkable Script Change

Ryan,

Thanks for posting this in the PowerSchool Community.

We actually have an API setup with Blackboard and we've started the process of getting it enabled  for Tallassee City.  I went ahead and updated the ticket you started with us and as soon as the API is setup I'll let you know.

I hope this was helpful and let us know if you have additional questions.

Mickey Lewter

Customer Service

PowerSchool

Corey__Ryan_D

Not sure if you have gotten my emails as I have not received a response from you since Thursday. Our students return this Thursday and I cannot set up any 5th-grade accounts without this fixed. I just need to be able to access our API internally so I can pull student data, enrollments, staff data and class data instead of relying on our FTP files.

Community Moderator MickeyL
Community Moderator

Ryan,

I apologize for not being very clear in the email I sent you on Thursday. 

We have several internal and customer-related steps that must be completed.  However, these steps are no longer in the hands of Support.  Other non-Support personnel will be contacting you to continue this process.  I have passed along all the information that you've sent me on how soon you need this finished, and how to contact you.

You should have gotten a message from Cindy Zakrzewski with the next set of steps to take.

Please let us know if you do not see this correspondence.

Thanks.

Mickey Lewter
Customer Support
PowerSchool