How to set up a PreK-12 school in Powerschool

cwp
Recruit

How to set up a PreK-12 school in Powerschool

I am the Executive Administrative Assistant in a PreK-12 school.  I am new this year and have found many issues.  One of the issues is that the school was divided in PowerSchool last year into 2 schools (PreK-8) and (9-12).  One of the many issues is that PreK-8 is weird in the way it was set up, because K-5 is on a Trimester schedule and 6-8 is on a Quarters Schedule.  The K-5 produce manual report cards and do not track grades in Powerschool, 6-8 do track grades/proficiencies in PowerSchool.  The Principal has made the decision that K-5 will begin tracking grades/proficiencies in PowerSchool, which means making sure that the school year (term) is correctly entered in to reflect that.

So, my there are a few questions I have.

1.  Can K-8 be put into PowerSchool to reflect both Trimesters and Quarters and if so, will it allow for correctly showing grades, attendance and the such.

2. The Principal has played with the idea to have one school reflected in Powerschool but can that be done if K-5 decides to stay in Trimester fashion while 6-12 does Quarters and if so, how"?

I would love feed back/help with trying to figure this out.  

FYI- we are the only PreK-12 in the school district. There are 6 schools in this district, 2 PreK-6, 2 K-6, 1 7-12 and 1 PreK-12.

Most sincerely,

Cora

5 Replies
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @cwp,

There are Designated Support Contacts within each district that can assist you with how-to questions and troubleshooting steps for PowerSchool products.  I recommend reaching out to the Designated Support Contacts who should be able to assist you in setting up a PreK-12 school in PowerSchool.  The Designated Support Contacts work with PowerSchool Support when further assistance is needed.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
cwp
Recruit

Is that the PowerSchool Person hired by the school district?  He is brand new and overwhelmed with all that he has on his plate.  I thought if I could get some guidance I could help.

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @cwp,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through PowerSchool Community!

Designated Support Contacts are employees within each district who have the ability to work directly with the PowerSchool SIS support team. There can be multiple Designated Support Contacts within each district. We recommend working with school or district administrators to connect with the Designated Support Contacts within your district.

Sowmya Karmel
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Betty2509
Rookie

What list supplies are needed?
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @Betty2509,

To assist you further, would you please provide more information on your query?

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator