How can I link two semester-based classes to receive an average final grade at the end of the year?

WRutherford
Trainee

How can I link two semester-based classes to receive an average final grade at the end of the year?

Hello,

I would like to build a course schedule based on semester-long classes (e.g., 0.5 credit English I in Sem 1 and 0.5 credit English I in Sem 2) and would then like to link the classes and average the grades at the end of the year to receive an annual average grade.  The semester 1 and 2 grades as well as the annual grade should appear on the student's transcript.  Can someone please assist?

1 Reply
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @WRutherford,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Community!

Since the semesters needed to have different expressions, it is not possible to combine them into a single section to use the Traditional Final Grades in the gradebook to average them.  However; you should be able to use the Average Final Grades function to average the stored grades for the S1 section with the stored grades for the S2 section.  We recommend reaching out to the Designated Support Contact who should be able to help you with 'how average final grades works'.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!