Historical attendance

Highlighted
dyhall1060
Hobbyist

Historical attendance

I am looking to pull historical attendance, namely TARDIES, onto our transcripts.  Has anyone successfully done this?  What data access tag did you use to pull previous years?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dyhall1060
Hobbyist

Re: Historical attendance

Good morning!  After a long and stressful back and forth, it seems the only solution to my historical tardies issue was to create custom fields and then manually enter the data for each year in question.  NOT the best solution as it does create addtinal steps.  BUT if ayone else is looking for the same information, custom fields are what they need to create.

17 Replies
Community Support Expert ScottS
Community Support Expert

Hi @dyhall1060,

If your school uses Daily attendance, you may be able to use the ^(daily.att.count) DAT tag to pull historical grades. If your school uses Meeting attendance, the ^(per.att) would be the one you'd want to employ. The instructions for each of these DATs can be found here:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-Attendance/Daily-Attendance-Count-daily-att-count/ta-p/1...

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-Attendance/DAT-Period-Attendance-per-att/ta-p/12572

Please note that these articles may require a Designated Support Contact to access. If you are not a Designated Support Contact for your district, please reach out to your district's Designated Support Contact for PowerSchool SIS to have them get download a copy of the article for you.

Regards,

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
dyhall1060
Hobbyist

Thanks ScottS, but nothing I have tried seems to work. 

Angelam7
Veteran

Hello @dyhall1060,

Since you are still experiencing issues we recommend reaching out to the designated Technical Contact within your district to assist you further.  In the event, your contact is experiencing the same issue they can reach out to support to assist further with troubleshooting steps.  If you have additional questions let me know and I will be happy to help!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
dyhall1060
Hobbyist

Thank you.  I have escalated this to a technician!

steveo8214
Hobbyist

I use this code below for most of our districts. It is based upon ~(Sched_YearOfGraduation).

I haven't tried it with Tardies, but I'm sure you can play around with it.

<tabc 7.39>Historical Attendance

~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);1)-~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);0): <tabd 7.4>~(*dabs;8/1/~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);1) ;7/1/~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);0);format=##0.0 )

~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);2)-~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);1): <tabd 7.4>~(*dabs;8/1/~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);2) ;7/1/~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);1);format=##0.0 ) ~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);3)-~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);2): <tabd 7.4>~(*dabs;8/1/~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);3) ;7/1/~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);2);format=##0.0 )

~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);4)-~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);3): <tabd 7.4>~(*dabs;8/1/~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);4) ;7/1/~(f.sub;~(Sched_YearOfGraduation);3);format=##0.0 )

dyhall1060
Hobbyist

Thank you for the formula.  It does not work for what we need, but I appreciate the attempt.

steveo8214
Hobbyist

What exactly are you trying to pull? What DATs?

dyhall1060
Hobbyist

I want both absences (already have these) and TARDIES on our transcripts, for each of a student's 4 years with our school.  I have not found the correct DAT that pulls this information.

steveo8214
Hobbyist

re you using ^(daily.att.count;;TAR;...) for your Tardies?