Help updating budget codes in Smart Find Express (SEMS)

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Help updating budget codes in Smart Find Express (SEMS)

THIS IS FOR THE UNITED TALENT BOARD

I tried selecting United Talent in the drop down menu, but it wouldn't allow me to select that board. So here I am on the community forum hoping to connect with someone from United Talent. 

A few weeks back a really great representative contacted me from United Talent and I have follow-up questions. 

I manually updated the budget codes in SEMS, but when I'm using them, old codes are being pulled. How do I ensure we are only using the new and updated codes? Help please. 

Gloria

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Help updating budget codes in Smart Find Express (SEMS)

Hi, Thank you for your query on PowerSchool Community!

I suggest that you reach out to your district's Designated Support Contact and ask them to review the list of "verify" and "default" budget codes that are listed in SmartFind Express.  Also, make sure to check the classification for a budget code and employee's profile to make sure that the code is not pulled from these areas.

I would also like to let you know that changing the default budget code will not reflect in jobs created prior to updating of the budget code.  The new code will only associate itself to the jobs that are created after the budget code is updated. It is also more of a manual process at the moment as an automated behaviour is being worked on.

I will be reaching out to you privately to discuss your difficulties in accessing Unified Talent forums on the community, this is part of our efforts to protect the privacy of our awesome community members. You can view your private messages inside the PowerSchool Community by selecting the envelope in the top right corner of any page in the Community to the right of your avatar.  When a new message appears, you should see the number one with a dark red circle on the envelope.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!