Grades won't Update

jacksonn1
Journeyman

Grades won't Update

Can someone help me? I accidentally submitted my final grades for quarter 3 before it was due and now any new assignment I put in does not update the grades. Is there any way I can fix this situation? 

7 Replies
nicolebond
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

At the top of your gradebook change the reporting term back to Q3.  When you are done with Q3, you can finalize your grades again.

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
jacksonn1
Journeyman

I appreciate you reaching out to try to help me. The problem is though, I am on the reporting term quarter 3 and the grades still do not change. If there is any other advice you could give me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@jacksonn1 When you say you "submitted final grades" what exactly do you mean? If you are talking about the "Final Grade Status" function that has no bearing on the calculation of grades; it is merely a communication tool to the Admin side.

If you are creating/grading assignments in Q3 and the Q3 grade is not calculating properly, some things too look for:

-If you are using Category Weighting, the assignments are in a category included in the weighting

-The "Count in Final Grade" box on the assignments is checked

-If you have manually overridden the Q3 grade (denoted by small triangle; see screenshot), PT Pro will never change the grade unless you revert back to the calculated grade

I do have the black triangle over all my students' grades, I know that means they were override. I don't know how to fix it though. Can you help me fix this?  

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@jacksonn1  Once you have manually overridden a grade, PT Pro will no longer calculate it. In order to revert back to the calculated grade, you need to click the button in the Score Inspector that looks like an Undo command. In the attached screenshot, I have boxed it in red.

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this en masse; you must do it for each individual student.

I reset my student's grade, I regraded everything that was there for that student and It still did not calculate. 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@jacksonn1 If you reverted to the calculated grade, PT Pro should once again begin calculating that student's grade. You shouldn't have to do this, but you can run the Recalculate Final Grades function in the "Gear" menu (see screenshot).

If this doesn't work, I'd need to see some screenshots of what you are seeing in PT Pro such as the student's scores (Students>Assignments), your assignment list, traditional grade calculations, etc. Please redact an PII from pics.