Gradebook crashes on Mac Mojave upon second use

Highlighted

Gradebook crashes on Mac Mojave upon second use

Hi there,

My Gradebook app will only launch correctly once on my Mac (Mojave) from the launchgradebook.jnlp file that is downloaded inside of PowerTeacher.

Every other time I try to launch it, including if I redownload the .jnlp file, it crashes after I enter my username, password and then try to sign in. It gives me a problem report explaining the app quit unexpectedly. 

I have tried going to the Java Control Panel and deleting the temporary internet files, but this didn't work.

I also tried deleting Java and reinstalling it. That did not work either.

The only thing that fixes the problem is reformatting my Mac to the factory settings, reinstalling java and redownloading the .jnlp file. This unfortunately only works for the first time I launch the app and then I can never get back in if I want to close the app and try to use it again later. 

I would greatly appreciate any help because it is incredibly frustrating having to keep reformat my mac for just one single use of Gradebook.

Thanking you in advance,

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Gradebook crashes on Mac Mojave upon second use

Hi @brandon88,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing an issue while launching the GradeBook App on your Mac.  You should be able to uninstall and reinstall the Gradebook on your Mac.  We recommend reaching out to the Designated support contact within your district to get further assistance on how to uninstall GradeBook on a Mac with the instructed steps. 

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!