GPA's & Class Ranks Miscalculating

atrout
Journeyman

GPA's & Class Ranks Miscalculating

I am having issues with our PowerSchool correctly calculating our schools GPA's & class rank. I have a student whose GPA was 3.85 and now it is showing their GPA is a 4.04 and their class rank is 15 out of 15 when before they were 3 out of 15. I double checked our class rank methods and then did a recalculation but it still didn't change anything. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to try and fix this?

1 Reply
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

In order to troubleshoot a GPA calculation from PowerSchool, folks will need to see the GPA Calculation itself, in particular the area in the screenshot. They would also need to see an export of the student's Historical Grades (with PII redatced) so they could see things like Added Value, GPA Points, Credit Type, etc. for all grades being factored into the calculation. They would also need to see your hand-calculation showing why/how you believe PowerSchool is "miscalculating."

It is never PowerSchool that is incorrect; it is always something on the grade records or an error in hand-calculation.