Folder Colors in June Update

melissaspoon
Journeyman

Folder Colors in June Update

I was wondering why Schoology decided to change the color of it's folder options on this latest update?

The folder option colors in the past were brighter colors and of a more rainbow like spectrum and made it much easiert to organize and color code. 

This latest update has them in a color scheme that is darker tones and if you have vision difficulties makes it very frustrating! 

I am also dyslexic and the brighter colors made it so much easier for me to organize things for my students and it was a huge help to my students who needed that kind of visual differentiation, 

I hope they reconsider this change and revert back to the old color scheme. 

2 Replies
DanM3
Elite

I think it was in Schoology Office Hours a week ago that this topic was presented. There were some on the call who thought the same thing as you.  You might want to visit the Ideas Portal and create a suggestion that focuses on this issue. There are various ideas already in the Schoology Ideas Portal dealing with color and contrast, but not this specific issue with the new release.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 24.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000
melissaspoon
Journeyman

Thank you Dan...I am new to the Community Forum, so this is a new process for me. I will look into that,