Error message-attempt to copy an assessment

Highlighted
Emmie1
Hobbyist

Error message-attempt to copy an assessment

During an attempt to copy a local assessment from 2018-19 to be used for 2019-20, I received a message that reads, "could not execute batch."  There are several lines of messages from com.performancematters.unify.manager....., that I have snipped and saved but hesitated to include in this post.  Is this an issue I need to send as a ticket or is there a simple go around?  The assessment was closed mid-November of 2018 and is an online assessment.  I have copied other assessments with no problems thus far.

Thank you.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Expert mgiles
Community Support Expert

Re: Error message-attempt to copy an assessment

Hi, Emmie. Thanks for reaching out about this. There couple be a few factors at play causing this error, but let me see if I can cover the two most likely. 

The first is a know issue that you can see more about in this Knowledge Base Article.

This boils down to "resave the test and then copy." This works 90% of the time we see this error.

The second possibility is that you don't have permission to copy or edit this test. You can check on this by searching for the test ID or Title using the magnifying glass search, and viewing the "Permissions" for the test. If you don't have test "Copy" permissions you will need to contact someone who does to grant you permissions.

Hope one of those works for you!

search_page.png

Emmie1
Hobbyist

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am the author of the assessment and was quite puzzled that I could not copy it.  Since the assessment was already saved, I tried changing the "To" date in the Administration Window by 1 day.  When I did that, I was able to save the assessment and then copy it.

Yeah!!!! :)

3 Replies
Community Support Expert

Hi, Emmie. Thanks for reaching out about this. There couple be a few factors at play causing this error, but let me see if I can cover the two most likely. 

The first is a know issue that you can see more about in this Knowledge Base Article.

This boils down to "resave the test and then copy." This works 90% of the time we see this error.

The second possibility is that you don't have permission to copy or edit this test. You can check on this by searching for the test ID or Title using the magnifying glass search, and viewing the "Permissions" for the test. If you don't have test "Copy" permissions you will need to contact someone who does to grant you permissions.

Hope one of those works for you!

search_page.png

Emmie1
Hobbyist

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am the author of the assessment and was quite puzzled that I could not copy it.  Since the assessment was already saved, I tried changing the "To" date in the Administration Window by 1 day.  When I did that, I was able to save the assessment and then copy it.

Yeah!!!! :)

Community Support Expert

Glad you were able to use the workaround, Emmie.

To clarify, any change to the test, like changing the dates, times, title, and then changing immdiediatly changing it back, enables the "Save" button. Once "Save" has been selected, you will be free to select "Copy."

Thanks again for reaching out!