Email from PowerSchool Support Case Portal no longer states case number or links to case.

lobyrne
Journeyman

Email from PowerSchool Support Case Portal no longer states case number or links to case.

How come the emails from the PowerSchool Support Case Portal no longer come with links to the actual case and no longer reference the actual case number.  We understood that PowerSchool was taking away the functionality to create a case via email, but not linking to the case from an email, and not listing the case number reference in the email is a significant downgrade in system abilities for customers.

4 Replies
JeromeO
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

I think it depends on whether the support agent is using the case portal system to send responses or replying outside of it using plain e-mail.  I've gotten a number of communications both via the portal and not, and the outside e-mail responses -- while it might be convenient -- doesn't leave a paper trail for future review.

This seems more like something that needs an internal process review rather than anything technical.

-----------
Troy School District, Troy, MI, USA
District Size: 12,000+
Server Config: On-prem/Self-hosted 3 app+1 db+2 test

Need to ask me a question or get my attention? Tag me with @JeromeO in your post and I'll be notified!

I am not a PowerSchool employee

lobyrne
Journeyman

Thank you Jerome for your help. I've had this problem when my PowerSchool support staff replies to a case.  There is no case number or link in the reply, so I have to go search the case portal to even see what they are commenting on (we have many support tickets)  If the solution is that PowerSchool support staff should only reply from the Portal so we can track what case they are referring to, well, maybe that might be a solution, although I cannot imagine this was a stand-alone email reply, this instance had no previous comments below like a typical email.  

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

The case number should be included in all communication.  When an email is sent by PowerSchool Support through a case, the case number should be in the Subject field along with the subject of the case.  For example, Case #1234567 Support Case.  When a case is created as well as closed, there should be a case number and a link to the Community Case Portal.  

However, I think having a link to the case in all communication is a great idea and we have shared this internally to review this option further.

Kudos Encourage Participation!
lobyrne
Journeyman

Thanks so much.