Duplicate Test/Item Numbers: Is there cause for concern?

Highlighted
Practitioner

Duplicate Test/Item Numbers: Is there cause for concern?

While searching for a recently created test, my curiosity was peeked.  When my assessment populated in the global search menu, I noticed another item on the menu that had the same number.  Normally this would not concern me as I am used to seeing a number of items listed when searching for an OLA.  However, the test I created was an AKO assessment.  Since there are no item interactions attached to my test, I wondered why I was seeing something else below my assessment.  The other item on the menu (list) was an Assessment Item.  Should I be concerned about two "things" being assigned the same number?  Duplicate numbers may be a normal every day occurance in the Performance Matters world but it is the first time I have seen this happen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Duplicate Test/Item Numbers: Is there cause for concern?

Hello @Emmie1!

In Performance Matters, no two items created should be assigned the same ID number. If you find two items having the exact ID number, we would need to look into some personally identifiable information regarding the issue. I recommend reaching out to the Designated Support Contact within the district to submit a case with the Performance Matters support team to work further on this issue.

AbrittyB
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Duplicate Test/Item Numbers: Is there cause for concern?

Hello @Emmie1!

In Performance Matters, no two items created should be assigned the same ID number. If you find two items having the exact ID number, we would need to look into some personally identifiable information regarding the issue. I recommend reaching out to the Designated Support Contact within the district to submit a case with the Performance Matters support team to work further on this issue.

AbrittyB
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post