Duplicate PA Secure ID coming up

iamsj
Rookie

Duplicate PA Secure ID coming up

Question...I have a student that has been transferred in and out a few times from our school district. Upon running October reports, his profile was missing the PA Secure ID so when I entered it, it stated it was duplicate. I found that he has another profile that was noted from when he had last transferred out. What do I do so I can enter the Secure ID in his current profile?

Much thanks!

3 Replies
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @iamsj 

Only one student can have any given PA Secure ID value.  The value must be removed from the old record before being added to the new one.  PowerSchool does not have an automated process for merging student records, data from the student's old record would need to be entered into their new one.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
iamsj
Rookie

Thank you. I am new to Powerschool and just learning about re-enrollment. I am not sure of the correct steps to take in this situation. Do you just re-enroll student? How will the accounts be linked? If you have info where I can look for this type of information, it would be greatly helpful and appreciated. I appreciate your help as well.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @iamsj!

You can Re-enroll a student in your school after he or she has previously left. You cannot transfer a student to your school while that student is still enrolled at another school on your system. The transferring school must also be on the same PowerSchool system as your school.

Note: If the student is transferring from a school that uses the same PowerSchool system as yours, the sending school must transfer the student to your school before you can reenroll that student.

I hope that document will guide you with further information.  If you are having further queries, we recommend reaching out to teh Designated Support Contact within your school district who should be able to assist you further by connecting you with our SIS Support team.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!