Discipline_X Fields In Log Entry Fields

atam
Apprentice

Discipline_X Fields In Log Entry Fields

I am trying to customize the Log Entry form using the Log Entry Fields setup (screenshot attached). However, after renaming, adjusting the input type, and hiding/unhiding fields, I've noticed that fields with Discipline_ do not show up in the PowerTeacher Pro portal for teachers to fill out, but they do show up for users in PowerSchool admin.

Is there a security permission that I need to adjust to allow teachers to view/edit the Discipline_ fields in the Log Entry form? I'd love to hear any other suggestions as well.

Thanks!

4 Replies
HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@atam   If you are using the Log Entry Management for Teachers plugin...

School Setup > Log Entry Management -  Configure for Teacher Portal (Abbreviation of School)

See attached! Let me know if this fixes the issue. 

Heather Weist, MEd
PowerSchool - SIS Administrator, Commonwealth Charter Academy

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2021 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2022 Winner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
atam
Apprentice

Hi @HeatherWeist,

Thanks for your reply! I tried what you suggested, but unfortunately, nothing changed on the Log Entry form through PowerTeacher.

Attached is what I currently see in PowerTeacher. There should be a lot more questions than what is currently displayed based on my settings in the Log Entry Fields setup.

Any additional help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@atam  When you select the log type of Discipline, do more questions appear?

Heather Weist, MEd
PowerSchool - SIS Administrator, Commonwealth Charter Academy

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2021 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2022 Winner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
atam
Apprentice

@HeatherWeist, Discipline is not a log type that I have set up at the moment. I've attached a picture of the log types that I have set up in the dropdown. No matter which log type I select, additional questions do not appear in the log entry form.