Deactivated Personal Account

pearl_nijjar
Padawan

Deactivated Personal Account

Hello. I have used Schoology since 2011 and on Oct 01 my account was deactivated. My school board does use powerschool and powerteacher etc but we do not use Schoology. I was confused about what the changes meant to individual users. I thought that powerschool was no longer going to connect to schoology NOT that I was losing my entire account one month into classes. 

Is there anyway that I can purchase an individual lisence to continue using schoology this year while I migrate my stuff? 

3 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @pearl_nijjar 

Can you confirm if you are a part of an enterprise Schoology account? Enterprise users will be a part of an organization that has a purchase agreement with PowerSchool.

If you were accessing Schoology as a basic user, the access ended on October 1, 2023. We shared this communication a year in advance with all users so everyone had time to download their content. We also posted it on our PowerSchool website and here in the PowerSchool Community. I recommend viewing the announcement to learn more.

As a Schoology Learning (enterprise) Districts if you are interested in adding more licenses to your account then should reach out to your Customer Success Manager.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
pearl_nijjar
Padawan

Hello. Thank you for your reply. I will be honest that I did not understand you were ending all services to basic users. I thought I would no longer have access to the powerschool capabilities of schoology but continue using it without support from powerschool. I do not understand how to download all the quizzes I developed within the schoology quiz system. That was 3 years of work. Is there any way for you to send me those quizzes through my account? Then I can recreate them in another platform if I cannot pay for my own schoology site?

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @pearl_nijjar,

You could have downloaded/retrieved your content from the Basic Schoology platform until October 1st. Post that, all content and data for Schoology Basic would have been permanently deleted following the account access cutoff period. We expect this process to be completed in the weeks following the decommission date.

Now, if your school district is interested in purchasing Schoology then I recommend reviewing this article for more information.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator