Dat tag for changing period attendance/class expression

koleszarh
Padawan

Dat tag for changing period attendance/class expression

Hello,

I'm using MBA Reports to create an absence letter for parents to be able to see how many absences a student has for a particular period.  Unfortunately, our class expressions vary.  For most students, using this dat code produces the amount of unexcused absences in the report:  {{dat.(per.att;A(1-7);A;Q1)}}

For students that have a different class expression, representing a class that doesn't meet every day, such as: 

B(1,3-4,7)

it will not pull the amount of absences unless I enter the exact class expression.  Is there a wildcard I'm missing somewhere?  I've tried B(*), B(%), B(), B and I can't get it to work with the dat code above.  Any help would be appreciated so I don't have to manually enter specific class expressions for each student!

Thank you!

2 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @koleszarh 

We recommend contacting the MBA Support Team who should be able to assist you further with the report. 

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
koleszarh
Padawan

Thank you for that suggestion, I did reach out to MBA and they said they don't have anything to do with Powerschool Dat tags.  I ended up just doing specific class expressions for specific students.  Thank you so much for your advice.