Configure Scchool Calendar

molinaromorin
Journeyman

Configure Scchool Calendar

I'm setting up the School calendar for the new school year (configure calendar).  We have two schools with completely identical calendars.  Same days, cycles, holidays, etc.  Is there a way to copy the calendar set up from one school to another?

Thanks!

1 Solution
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

After you create a calendar in the district office you can click on that calendar and there will be a tab/link to PUSH the calendar to other schools. When you click that your available schools will appear...Then just click the schools you'd like to share the calendar to and submit.

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

If you are talking about the School Calendar in PowerSchool, you can create 1 calendar in the district office and then push it out to whichever schools use that calendar.

Doug Skinner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

molinaromorin
Journeyman

Great,

That is exactly what I want to do.  I ended up just doing both schools for this year but I made a note for next year.  After I make the calendar at the district level, do you know how to push it to multiple schools?

Thanks

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

After you create a calendar in the district office you can click on that calendar and there will be a tab/link to PUSH the calendar to other schools. When you click that your available schools will appear...Then just click the schools you'd like to share the calendar to and submit.

Doug Skinner

kstoner
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

We don't normally set up a calendar at the district office because we have differences with some of our schools, such as middle schools using an A Day/B Day setup that our other schools don't have. If you create a calendar in the district office but it does not apply to all schools in the district, will that cause any issues for the schools for which it doesn't apply, even if it isn't pushed to them? Can more than one calendar be set up at the district office? Thanks.

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

You can set up multiple calendars in the district office they don't affect other schools unless you push them out to the school.

Doug Skinner

kstoner
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Excellent. Thank you, Doug.