Anyone else have this Google Classroom link/sync issue?

aironfield
Padawan

Anyone else have this Google Classroom link/sync issue?

I have 5 PowerSchool classes linked to Google Classroom classes.  Opening the Integration Center can be frustrating (it only works like 1 out of 5 times).  However, once I get it to load it syncs 4 out of 5 of my classes just fine.  It's fantastic not to have to enter grades from Google Classroom manually anymore, but there's one class that just refuses to sync!

It is linked correctly, and it did update once when I first linked it, but now it has stopped syncing and will not let me unlink it.  Below is a link to a short screengrab of what is going on (you can see that it shows that it is syncing, but it finishes a lot faster than all the other classes, the information in the edit section is weirdly all blank, and when I click unlink it just gets stuck and never moves on from that screen).

Does anyone know what is going on and/or how I can fix it?  I keep trying to unlink it as I was thinking I could just start fresh, but it won't let me.  

Thanks!
5 Replies
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @aironfield,

Good Day! Are you trying to integrate your Google Classroom classes with PowerSchool SIS? PowerSchool does not currently support Google Classroom integration with your PowerSchool SIS. You may be able to get the integration that you need from Google if they have produced a plugin that allows them to access your PowerSchool system's API. However, PowerSchool does not support third-party plugins or customizations, so any issues with the plugin or the data that it creates would need to be supported by Google directly. I would recommend you to work with the administrators in your school district who should be able to connect you with Google Classroom support.

I recommend reviewing this thread for more information.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

aironfield
Padawan

Thanks for the response, but this is not true.  I connect to Google Classroom directly through PowerSchool by opening the Integration Center.  This feature is new, but it does exist and it is not a third-party plugin.  

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 2.06.24 PM.png

aironfield
Padawan

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 2.16.28 PM.png

JohnMoring
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hello @aironfield 

I notice your provided screenshots look to be in the PowerSchool Document Cloud. Can you please let me know what your Customer number is and I will look into this for you!

Thanks!

chillyard1
Journeyman

I hope you got this to work. For future users implementing this feature, we did learn there is a special support email to use for the google integration center/LMS Lite. I'm not sure what the turnaround time is on a response yet, but here is the email: IntegrationCenterSupport@powerschool.com