Canvas to Power School

Melaniel7

Canvas to Power School

We utilize Canvas and all last year, plus this year I was under the impression that I could use the -- (no score) as exempt and it wouldn't go against their grade.  For example, I have the daily grade broken down into 5 days, so that I can type about each day, like absent or didn't perform etc..  if the student was exempt for the day I don't want to give them a 0 but I don't want to give them points for not being there.  I thought leaving -- would have be ok?  Can you tell me what score I should put in, as Canvas assistance said this would be a Power School question.  They said they didn't recommend -- but when I googled it previously it said -- is the same as no score or exempt.  Please assist

Thank you

Melanie

1 Reply
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Melaniel7

You should use blank. In PowerTeacher Pro, you can mark any score as Exempt. If a student was sick during the last quiz, you can exempt this score. The most recent calculation will then ignore that score, and use the previous score.

You can refer to this document: standards for more information.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!