Can I manually enter a final grade without assignment grades in the Gradebook?

Highlighted
wininghams

Can I manually enter a final grade without assignment grades in the Gradebook?

Does anyone have policy or procedures for entering a student's transfer grade during the current school year. If a student enrolls in your school 3rd semester, do you have teachers go back to 1st and 2nd nine weeks and enter the grade the student brought with them and then re-post? Does your counselor enter the 1st and 2nd nine weeks grades in the teacher's INow grade book in the Direct column? Looking for suggestions!

Just for clarification, my school system uses Chalkable InformationNow, we have not moved over to PowerSchool, yet.

Thanks,

Sherri

2 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Can I manually enter a final grade without assignment grades in the Gradebook?

You can mannually enter a grade just click on the blank grade where the average should be and the score inspector will come up on the right, and enter the Letter grade and correponding percent.

Community Moderator dougr
Community Moderator

Re: Can I manually enter a final grade without assignment grades in the Gradebook?

Hi @wininghams,

That is a great question. Different schools handle transfer grades in different ways. First let me say that I am assuming that this student came from another school and that you would just enter the transferred report card grades... not activity grades. If you want the transferred report card grades to average in with your grades for a year end average when 4th 9 wk report cards go out, you will have to enter the transferred report card grades as direct grades on the student averages screen in the gradebook. You will see a link to get to that screen on the right under manage when you are in a gradebook. Once on that screen, you can double click in a "direct" cell to enter a "direct" grade. You will see a "direct" cell for each graded item (1st 9 wk avg, 2nd 9 wk avg, etc).

If you want the transfer grades to print on the student report card (some schools include grades from past grading periods when printing report cards), you will have to enter the transferred report card grades on the student averages screen as described above PLUS you will have to login to the 1st 9 wk gradebook and the 2nd 9 wk gradebook and post grades OR the counselor can enter the transferred report card grades under students >> student maintenance >> search and view student >> grades. Please note that grades entered by the counselor under students >> student maintenance >> search and view student >> grades will not average in with your gradebook grades to produce a year end average. The transfer grades must be in your gradebook for that to work.

I know this is a lot to take in. Please let me know if you have more questions. Have a good day!

dougr

Thank you for your post.

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!