August Challenge- Best Back to School Tips

Angelam7
Veteran

August Challenge- Best Back to School Tips

Hello PowerSchool Community Members!  

Back to school time is here again and we would like to know your best back to school tips that can help other districts or parents get ready for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.  The tips can be anything from how to plan for the week, help students adjust, or ideas for parents on how to be more engaged throughout the year.  

The first 20 members who take the time to share their ideas will receive some awesome PowerSchool Swag.  We are eager to hear what the tips you guys have to offer so do not be shy.  Let's help each other to have a successful year.

Here is to the 2019-2020 school year PowerSchoolers! 

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
4 Replies
MrBanks73

Re: August Challenge- Best Back to School Tips

I got this idea from another teacher and thought I would share.  We just had our open house and I always have a QR code up with my contact information or links to important websites or information up in my classroom when they come to visit.  That way they can add my information to their smartphones right away with ease.  Many parents appreciate it.

Have a great year!

MrBanks73

Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

Thank you for sharing this tip! @MrBanks73   This seems like a great feature to utilize for both staff and parents!

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Sunshiny

As a secretary I like to have a weekly journal/pad and write all the items needing to be done the week before I start, the week before school, and first week of school. I have this saved as well for following years as a quick reminder of reports I like to have printed, supplies needing to be ordered etc. and then I am not scrambling!
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Before I became a member of the team that supports 70+ PS Districts I was an ELA and Film Study teacher. One of the things I was always sure to do was hav a "self-service" website, where students could go to download assignments or handouts they missed due to abscence. I also used to post help links to general MLA formatting and things like that.