Admin Granting Parent Access, but grades aren't seen

abehnkeadmin
Apprentice

Admin Granting Parent Access, but grades aren't seen

I am a new PS admin and definitely learning, so maybe this is an easy fix, but I have granted parent access accounts and sent out the login forms set by our district. All parents have been able to log in and see their students classes, but no grades are visible. All have data access, but cannot see more than a schedule list. Any advice on where I should look or what I should do to grant full access? I have looked at the past students' accounts and it looks like the most obvious settings are all the same, but I am stuck. 

Thanks!

Also PS, if anyone knows of a great learning series to just start completely new with the PS admin site tips and tricks, I'd appreciate it! 

3 Replies
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @abehnkeadmin,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. This is controlled in two different areas in PowerSchool. 

First, you will want to be sure the term settings are correct here:

Start Page > School Setup > Parent/Student Access

Second, you will want to be sure none of the terms are being suppressed under the Years and Terms here:

Start Page > School Setup > Years & Terms > Edit Term > Suppress Classes For This Term From Parent/Student Users

Please let me know if this helps or in case of further questions.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

abehnkeadmin
Apprentice

Would this be the case even if some parents have access and some do not? So far, everything looks correct. It seems as though when I became assistant principal this year and granted parent access, just those individuals are having trouble. Past students who had access still have access and full reports. That is what seems so confusing. Is there a reason or way that I could have missed a step in sharing rather than a full setting? Again, the data access is checked for all, but that's the only other step it seems like I can find that could be incorrectly assigned. Thank you for any time you can take to respond and help once again and thanks for your ideas so far! 

SAFFIYAT
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @abehnkeadmin

We would need to take a closer look at your setup, in order to avoid sharing any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Data in the Community, we recommend you continue working with the PowerSchool Support Team. 

Saffiya Tasneem
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!