Adding Dropdowns-ESY

ebraskey

Adding Dropdowns-ESY

Hello,

I would like to add drop-down options to the "ESY Service to be Provided" section for all teachers to choose from in the ESY section.  Is this something I can do and, if so, can someone please let me know how to do it.

Thank you!

Emily Braskey

7 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ebraskey

Not all keyword tables are editable. In case, if they are editable we recommend you review the document - manage-editable-keyword-tables

If you are unable to find a solution, you can log this as an Enhancement Request on  PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
ebraskey

Hello,

Based on the directions that you sent, it seems like I am unable to add dropdown options in this section.  Can you confirm if I am undertanding this correctly that it is not currently an option?  I did submit an idea for this as well so hopefully that was the correct next step.  Being able to create dropdowns would be a huge help to us in sorting in the spring and would be a big timesaverm, at least for us.  Thank you for any help!

NinaRi
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ebraskey,

Currently, the ability to add dropdown options to ESY Service is not a supported feature.  Yes, submitting an idea in our Feature Ideas Portal was the correct next step. 

Our engineers will be able to review your suggestions and other members can support your idea by voting on your idea. However, we cannot guarantee that the feature will be implemented.  

We are always striving to enhance our products to provide a great user experience. Therefore, your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Please let us know if you have any more questions. We will be more than happy to assist you!

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
DianeGVSD
Trainee

The ESY services is the same as the related services drop-downs. I am able to add/edit these as needed.

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi,

The editable keyword tables depend on the state guidelines.  PowerSchool Support can help determine whether the modification can be done on your instance without affecting state guidelines.

If the add-on row is related to state regulation, we would need a state reference indicating the need to modify the state model, which will benefit all customers from that state.

If the edit is not a state requirement, the Support Team will be able to add the new information as a custom entry to the Keyword table after validation of no potential adverse effects.

We recommend that you work with the Technical Contacts in your school or district to create a case with the PowerSchool Special Programs Support team, who can provide more information regarding the modificaiton.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
DianeGVSD
Trainee

If this is the case, why was I able to do it?
BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @DianeGVSD,

Would you please provide a screenshot of the page where the dropdown is found and the name of the table to help investigate further?

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!