Absences and Tardy Doubling for new students

dmcanally
Trainee

Absences and Tardy Doubling for new students

The new students I entered in September are printing with double absences and lates (Tardies) on the report cards. When you look at the attendance calendar, it looks like normal entries. I refreshed the Premier Attendance but that only works for the absences not the tardies.

1 Reply
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Whenever I have to try to track down an issue with Attendance calculations I select the student with the issue and run the ADA/ADM by Day (Start Page > Reports > Run Reports > ADA/ADM By Date Report) for that student...Then I find a problem day and go to that student's attendance calendar and look at the code that was entered on that day...Then I make sure that code is set up correctly in the Code Conversion chart (Start Page > School Setup > Attendance Conversions > Code).

We calculate daily attendance from a single period called Morning Meeting so issues are a little easier to track down than if you are using multiple periods to track daily counts.

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.