Do you have feedback on how our new PowerSchool Community looks and functions?
Do you have suggestions for how we can make our Community even better?
Please post your feedback and suggestions here. We'll review all posts and share updates.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Release notes need some better proofreading. We just received this regarding an eFinancePlus update. The issue with the text is noted in green below.
It appears to be a copy-paste error. While I can reasonably surmise that the line item should just end after "January 22, 2021 release" and the rest is just a duplicate of the preceding line, this isn't the first time I've noticed awkward/confusing phrasing and typos in release notes.
Not a critical issue this time around, but who knows what the next one will be? Better to get ahead of the review process now than when an emergency strikes.
Thank you for reporting this to us in PowerSchool Community.
I will reach out to you in private to provide further information on this since we strive to protect the privacy in the PowerSchool Community.
Is there a way to take attendance by marking students "present" instead of "absent"? As students come into the room (or virtual classroom), it would be much easier to check them off as they show up. This is especially true in a virtual setting because their name order is not the same on PS as it is on our virtual setting.
Thank you for your question!
It is possible to take attendance by marking students "present" instead of "absent" with a present code. PowerSchool assumes attendance as present unless it is marked absent/with a code. Therefore, you should be able to create your own Present code and use that.
Hi. I didn't know where else to post this. It's a suggestion for the help line when you call in by phone. Is here any way to change the hold music? It's sooooo depressing! And it's the same music we've heard for years. Please, please, please? Thanks so much!
Thank you for providing suggestions in the PowerSchool Community!
We have shared your feedback with our team on changing the support hold tone.
I have not had the joy of calling into the help desk for help just yet, but reading your post gave me a good laugh. I hope that they update it before I have to make a call to them. Have a great day!
PowerSchool seems like a good program, however, I have several suggestions.
1. Provide year long access to student attendance. When holding meetings/conferences, student attendance records is a must have.
2. Provide access to previous grading periods. We, as teachers, are not able to view the previous grades from the first semester of school. This again is vital when determining if the students are at risk for potential failure. We have tons of reports to complete which requires the grades from previous nine weeks.
3. Progress Reports, I have input current/updated grades and like to send home progress reports at different times, not including the regular disturbution of progress reports. When I attempted to print the report, the grades were from a district issued progess report which does not reflect my newly added grades.
4. This program should be capable of printing detailed progress reports that include all subjects on 1 or 2 pages. We currently have to download them, then they are separated by subject. This is such a hassle.
5. This program has a lot of ways to access the same information but the information really needed is not available for teacher access.
Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback.
For TalentEd Records, a couple of enhancements that would be helpful are:
For TalentEd Contracts:
Hi @Community Member,
Thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Community!
I will be reaching out to you through a case to discuss your request further as we don't encourage sharing any private information in PowerSchool Community.
Hi @Community Member,
Thank you for reaching out to us through PowerSchool Community!
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with PowerSchool. To assist you further and gather more details, I will be reaching out to you through a case.
To learn more about the Ideas Portal, we recommend reviewing the article on PowerSchool Ideas Portal FAQs.
We recommend reaching out to your district administrators who should be able to assist you further with the documents.
Would you please confirm if this is for PowerTeacher Pro so that we can assist you further?
Currently, we do not have this feature available in PowerTeacher Pro. However, you can submit an Enhancement Request.