PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Do you have feedback on how our new PowerSchool Community looks and functions?

Do you have suggestions for how we can make our Community even better?

Please post your feedback and suggestions here. We'll review all posts and share updates. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

JbidK
Director, Support Community
160 Replies
JeromeO
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Release notes need some better proofreading.  We just received this regarding an eFinancePlus update. The issue with the text is noted in green below.

ACA 1095 reporting

• If you are providing ICHRA reporting (new for Tax Year 2020) once this January 8, 2021 release is installed, you may to create Employee 1095s. 
  • 1095-C forms printing is available in this January 8, 2021 release.  You may create and maintain 1095s.
  • 1095-C Electronic filing will be available in the January 22, 2021 release.  You may create and maintain 1095s.1095-C forms printing is available in this January 8, 2021 release.

It appears to be a copy-paste error. While I can reasonably surmise that the line item should just end after "January 22, 2021 release" and the rest is just a duplicate of the preceding line, this isn't the first time I've noticed awkward/confusing phrasing and typos in release notes.

Not a critical issue this time around, but who knows what the next one will be?  Better to get ahead of the review process now than when an emergency strikes.

-----------
Troy School District, Troy, MI, USA
District Size: 12,000+
Server Config: On-prem/Self-hosted 3 app+1 db+2 test

Need to ask me a question or get my attention? Tag me with @JeromeO in your post and I'll be notified!

I am not a PowerSchool employee

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge2023 Mentor of the Year.png2022 Nominated Mentor of the Year.png2021 Content Creator of the Year.png
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @JeromeO,

Thank you for reporting this to us in PowerSchool Community.

I will reach out to you in private to provide further information on this since we strive to protect the privacy in the PowerSchool Community.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
jtingler
Recruit

Is there a way to take attendance by marking students "present" instead of "absent"? As students come into the room (or virtual classroom), it would be much easier to check them off as they show up. This is especially true in a virtual setting because their name order is not the same on PS as it is on our virtual setting. 

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jtingler,

Thank you for your question!

It is possible to take attendance by marking students "present" instead of "absent" with a present code.  PowerSchool assumes attendance as present unless it is marked absent/with a code.  Therefore, you should be able to create your own Present code and use that.

Reshma

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
AllisonF
Practitioner

Hi.  I didn't know where else to post this.  It's a suggestion for the help line when you call in by phone.  Is here any way to change the hold music?  It's sooooo depressing!    And it's the same music we've heard for years.  Please, please, please?  Thanks so much!

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @AllisonF,

Thank you for providing suggestions in the PowerSchool Community!

We have shared your feedback with our team on changing the support hold tone. 

Reshma

CJMiller77
Journeyman

Hello AllisonF! 

I have not had the joy of calling into the help desk for help just yet, but reading your post gave me a good laugh. I hope that they update it before I have to make a call to them. Have a great day! 

wardch75
Recruit

PowerSchool seems like a good program, however, I have several suggestions.

1. Provide year long access to student attendance. When holding meetings/conferences, student attendance records is a must have.

2. Provide access to previous grading periods. We, as teachers, are not able to view the previous grades from the first semester of school. This again is vital when determining if the students are at risk for potential failure. We have tons of reports to complete which requires the grades from previous nine weeks.

3. Progress Reports, I have input current/updated grades and like to send home progress reports at different times, not including the regular disturbution of progress reports. When I attempted to print the report, the grades were from a district issued progess report which does not reflect my newly added grades. 

4. This program should be capable of printing detailed progress reports that include all subjects on 1 or 2 pages. We currently have to download them, then they are separated by subject. This is such a hassle.

5. This program has a lot of ways to access the same information but the information really needed is not available for teacher access. 

ChrisH27
Apprentice

Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback.

For TalentEd Records, a couple of enhancements that would be helpful are:

1. For Conditional Workflows, it would be helpful if, under "add condition" there was an "OR" condition option.
  2. For Security Groups, it would be helpful to be able to assign a number of employees to a security group at once instead of needing to edit each employee's profile separately.

For TalentEd Contracts:

1. It would be helpful if there was an option to download or print all issued contracts from the contract menu instead of needing to print from each employee's folder.
Community Member
Not applicable

How do I cancel my account? We already have one, so I do not need the new one I made.
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Community Member,

Thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Community!

I will be reaching out to you through a case to discuss your request further as we don't encourage sharing any private information in PowerSchool Community.

Reshma

Community Member
Not applicable

This is a horrible program. The directions are terrible. There are too many steps. No one can find or connect to anything. I suggest starting over with new programmers. New support people. New staff. And a new business name. New website. New app. And all new business.
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Community Member,

Thank you for reaching out to us through PowerSchool Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with PowerSchool.  To assist you further and gather more details, I will be reaching out to you through a case.

Reshma

clejeune55
Hobbyist

How do we add an enhancement request?

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @clejeune55,

To learn more about the Ideas Portal, we recommend reviewing the article on PowerSchool Ideas Portal FAQs.

Reshma

rmohan1
Rookie

Hello:

I applied for a position at College Park. 

Besides the required documents, I also submitted other documents. Will all the documents that I submitted be sent to the Search Committee?

Thank you so much.

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @rmohan1

We recommend reaching out to your district administrators who should be able to assist you further with the documents.

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
mblecha
Apprentice

Our teachers are constantly requesting that if a student is marked absent that the cell is highlighted somehow in their scoresheet. 

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @mblecha,

Would you please confirm if this is for PowerTeacher Pro so that we can assist you further?

Reshma

mblecha
Apprentice

Yes, for PowerTeacher Pro. 

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @mblecha 

Currently, we do not have this feature available in PowerTeacher Pro.  However, you can submit an Enhancement Request.

You can log this as an Enhancement Request on PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!