found 'bug' in Final grade calculations

Highlighted
jeankoehler

found 'bug' in Final grade calculations

There is a bug in the calculations of the Final Grade.  We have setup our first semester grade to be 45% first quarter, 45% second quarter, and 10% midterm.  The setup for that grade is fine and calculates correctly.  Then we set up our Final grade to be 37.5% 1st semester, 37.5% 2nd semester, and 25% final exam.  On the surface that looks correct, but when I click on the arrow to expand the 1st semester grade (within the final grade category), I find that the %'s are all equal; this lets the Midterm count in the final grade for more than we intended.  I have editted the %'s of the weights for 1st semester to be 16.875, 16.875, and 3.75 and there is a definite difference in final grade.  How do I report this to Power School?  I can't find anywhere that lets me submit an error report.  Please see image below for more info.

s1 expanded in f1 category.png

1 Reply
Community Moderator JanD
Community Moderator

Re: found 'bug' in Final grade calculations

Hello Jean -

Thank you for posting in the PowerSchool Community!

This type of issue should be reported through your district's Technical Support representative to PowerSchool via the regular support channels.  I will reach out to you through a private message with additional details.

Thank you,

Jan D.

PowerSchool Community Moderator

@jeankoehler wrote:

There is a bug in the calculations of the Final Grade.  We have setup our first semester grade to be 45% first quarter, 45% second quarter, and 10% midterm.  The setup for that grade is fine and calculates correctly.  Then we set up our Final grade to be 37.5% 1st semester, 37.5% 2nd semester, and 25% final exam.  On the surface that looks correct, but when I click on the arrow to expand the 1st semester grade (within the final grade category), I find that the %'s are all equal; this lets the Midterm count in the final grade for more than we intended.  I have editted the %'s of the weights for 1st semester to be 16.875, 16.875, and 3.75 and there is a definite difference in final grade.  How do I report this to Power School?  I can't find anywhere that lets me submit an error report.  Please see image below for more info.

s1 expanded in f1 category.png