Hiding Spam Job Postings

Highlighted
Recruit

Hiding Spam Job Postings

Hi, is there any way for us to hide all job postings by a particular employer or with a particular subject line? Nearly every job posting on SchoolSpring in the last 2 days under my special subject area - and I'm presuming all subject areas because this job has nothing to do with my subject - is for "Student Engagement and Motivation Teacher Training Presenter (5)" by the employer "Professional Development School Trainers" listed in every city in the U.S. This job is not the job that most teachers are probably looking for, and it's cumbersome for us to have to sift through all these spam posts in order for us to find actual school district posts. I'm sure it's not good for the school districts, either, because they can't reach us as effectively.

Any word on what could be done about this? Thank you.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Hiding Spam Job Postings

Hi,

The Job Category filter should be able to help filter job categories that you do not wish to receive job listings from,  decreasing the number of irrelevant jobs that you would have to browse through.
image.png

We appreciate your suggestion on ways to help applicants filter out unwanted Job listings and I have forwarded your suggestion to the Unified Talent SchoolSpring Product Development team in the form of a feature request.

We appreciate your drive to make SchoolSpring better for everyone.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Recruit

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, when I sort by Job Category, I still get pages upon pages of only spam job postings. I have sorted by "Classroom Teacher" and then further by my specialty area. Is there anything else that can be done about these postings?

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @rflahive11,

We have reached out to the Unified Talent SchoolSpring product team to gather more information on ways to hide irrelevant/spam job posting from the applicant view.  We will update this thread with further information.

Thank you for your patience.

Bishal G.
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Recruit

Thank you for reaching out. Please do update the thread when you know more.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @rflahive11,

Thank you for your patience while we worked with the Unified Talent SchoolSpring product team to gather more information.

An option to hide job listing from specific employers is currently not built into Unified Talent SchoolSpring.  The closest option would be to use the filters available to limit the number of results.

The feature request that I have submitted on your behalf with the SchoolSpring Product Development team should help highlight the issue of spam job listings, whether or not the feature is implemented into the product will depend on the development team after feasibility analysis.

Bishal G.