References

lilly1

References

When applying for multiple jobs within a district, are references supposed to get multiple reference requests? Or is it a general reference form that applies to all?
5 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @lilly1

• If a candidate's reference has already completed a specific reference check form (i.e. Certified Reference Check), they will not automatically receive an additional copy of the same reference if the candidate applies for another job in the district that requires the same form that has already been completed.
  • If a candidate applies to a job that is associated with a different reference check, the reference will receive a different reference check form, despite having already completed a reference form for the candidate.
  • If a candidate applies to a job at a different district, reference check forms will not be transferred and the reference will have to complete the reference check again.
  • It is possible to manually send a reference a duplicate of the reference check form that they have already completed.

Please let us know in case of any further queries.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
BChirinos
Journeyman

Hi I'm having the same problem. After entering the email address in the required field, I receive the following error message 

This field cannot be edited. If email edits are required, please create a new Reference Request.

I received it for all the email addresses I've entered. I've also tested it entering my own email address. The same error message pops up. 

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BChirinos

This is a message and not an actual error. Since the reference email field is a built-in Reference request context field this message is hardcoded and cannot be changed. This message means if the application is submitted and in case it is reactivated to change the reference information, the email field is non-editable, and you will have to remove the entire entry and add it again.

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
BChirinos
Journeyman

Thank you. Part of my problem is that I can't submit my application until my references are in and the field doesn't accept any email addresses. I've deleted and re-entered several times. My deadline is May 31. How do I add email addresses, that the system will accept so I can submit my application?

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BChirinos

If you have deleted your previous entries and still cannot set up new ones, it could be a bigger issue with the setup which the PowerSchool Support will have to look into. In that case, you can reach out to them by clicking this link.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!