References's emails not recognized during application

annesa5891

References's emails not recognized during application

When I enter the reference's email in the mask which is intended for the references, the email address is not accepted for some reason. There is no statement listed as to why.

4 Replies
AbrittyB
Senior

Hello, @annesa5891 

To help us troubleshoot better, would you please provide a screenshot of the page where you are receiving the error?

Also, common reasons for such an issue could be a spelling mistake, syntax error, or incorrect domain name of the email address. I recommend rechecking the email address for any syntax or spelling error and then try again to submit.

AbrittyB
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

BChirinos
Journeyman

Hi I'm having the same problem. After entering an email address for my reference I get the following error message: 

This field cannot be edited. If email edits are required, please create a new Reference Request.

I've received this message for each verified email address. I tested it by entering my own email address and received the same error message. Can you help?

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BChirinos

This is a message and not an actual error. Since the reference email field is a built-in Reference request context field this message is hardcoded and cannot be changed. 

This error generally occurs if references have submitted a reference check already. Thus, in case it is reactivated to change the reference information, the database won't allow a change in the email address as the email field is non-editable. The workaround would be to remove the entire entry and add a new reference instead of editing one.

However, if you are creating a new one, sometimes it can be caused by an invalid format for the Reference contact number or syntax error, or incorrect domain name of the email address. Please verify them. 

If you still face the same issue, it could be a bigger issue with the setup which the PowerSchool Support will have to look into. In that case, you can reach out to them by clicking this link.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

BChirinos
Journeyman

Thank you. I'll share this information with the institution who uses the software. Enjoy your weekend!