Looking to apply as substitute teacher, being handed off between websites

APratt21
Journeyman

Looking to apply as substitute teacher, being handed off between websites

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I am hoping to apply for a substitute teaching position in KatyISD for 2021, but am having difficulties finding where to do so. It states they hire for such positions in large bulks knows as 'sub-blitzes' but I see no specific opening for anything like that here: https://katy.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. I would very much like to put my name in that hat ASAP but am starting to think such an opportunity may not exist at this time if there is no corresponding post for it. They direct me here, and another post here directs me back to them. Looking for clarification on both sides.

Note: There is an AD HOC posting from 2019 that in invite-only for such a position, but it requires a code and has severely outdated listings.

2 Replies
kdnewton
Hobbyist

Having the same issues...it directs you back to the job listings and certified positions without a direct link to substitute teaching. Can anyone provide more insight or information? Difficult to apply and I know from many teachers there is a shortage in the district. Please advise. Thank you.

APratt21
Journeyman

So I called them later that day to enquire and it turns out they arent hiring currently. Im thinking we just missed the bus as like you said demand is up there. They said to check back in a week or so.