Internal application password reset link deactivated

mamiller49

Internal application password reset link deactivated

I am trying to access my account to finish the application for applying for internal positions. I asked to reset my password. It gives me a "deactivated link" instead of a link to change my password. I am unable to access my account in order to apply for positions. How do I get a password and continue?

25 Replies
judyprice
Rookie

Did you receive an answer to the problem that I'm not seeing?  This is happening again to other applicants as of 2/8/2022.

BishalG
Ninja

Hi @judyprice,

The most common reason for the password reset link deactivation is if an internal protection setup accesses the link for scanning purposes.

Please have your IT allow emails coming from these email addresses do_not_reply@talentedk12.com and do-not-reply@ted.peopleadmin.com.

The error stems from the internal protections set up on the district's email post office. It is very common to have external emails scanned for links and the protection software to access the links to check for safety.

However, password reset links are one-time use. The scan renders reset the password link as inactive.

The permanent fix would be to ask your IT team to 'white list' emails from the PowerSchool domain. This would allow external emails to still have the one-time reset link available.

The workaround for this would be to have your applicants use their personal email addresses to apply for an internal position.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
chark981
Rookie

HI, I'm also having the same issue.  This is the link to reset my password and it doesn't work.

https://click.pstmrk.it/2t/www.schoolspring.com%2Flogin.cfm/6LZD_ikN/rJwV/k17GFGkKad%3Cbr

chark981
Rookie
NinaRi
Veteran

Hi @chark981,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  In the previous response, my colleague mentioned the reason for the password reset link deactivation is if an internal protections setup accesses the lin for scanning purposes.

They suggested to have your IT allow emails coming from these email addresses : do_not_reply@talentedk12.com and do-not-reply@ted.peopleadmin.com.

The permanent fix would be to ask your IT team to 'white list' emails from the PowerSchool domain. This would allow external emails to still have the one-time reset link available.

As a workaround, applicants can use their personal email addresses to apply for an internal position. 

Were you able to reach out to your IT team or apply the workaround? If so, does the issue continue to persist?  Please let us know and we can continue to look into this for you.  

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.