Assistance needed with verifying the expiration date of the OIDC/SAML security certificate

Padawan

Assistance needed with verifying the expiration date of the OIDC/SAML security certificate

I need some assistance with verifying the expiration date of the OIDC/SAML security certificate for our District.

4 Replies
tmccleary
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Me too! We got the email regarding this, but without any information on how to verify the expiration date.

threelakesks
Journeyman

If you are a Google domain, you can find it in the administrative control panel at  Security>>Authentication>> SSO with Google as SAML IdP

JoeG2
Journeyman

I need help as well. There are no instructions as best I can tell.

Unless of course it's as simple as:

Admin console > Security > Authentication > SSO with SAML applications and/or SSO with third party IdP. If that is correct, we're good until 2028.

Thank you for your post threelakesks. I don't have "SSO with Google as SAML IdP" in my list. Does what I typed above make sense to you? 

JoeG2
Journeyman

It turns out, this does not apply to our school. We don't have SSO setup for TalentEd. I was confused for because we do have Google SSO setup for PowerSchool/PowerTeacher logins but not TalentEd. My advice would be to first find out from your HR department how staff are added to TaletTed. If they do that by hand, this will not apply to you. If SSO is setup and you are confused, enter a support ticket. Good luck!