Applying in multiple districts without re-entering EVERYTHING

myork24
Trainee

Applying in multiple districts without re-entering EVERYTHING

This post explains how to TRANSFER an account to a different district. 

If I have an application account/profile for one district and then "transfer" the information to a new district, does anything happen to the information in the original district?  Is it simply importing applicable information to the new district or is it deleting/removing information from the original?

I hope that makes sense.  I would assume that we could have active information/profiles/applications in multiple districts at the same time--presumably under the same login as long as the transfer was made without setting up new/different accounts and logins. 

When I filled out the information for District A, it took me 2-3 hours to get all of the information entered--mostly basic information like education history, work history, etc.  If I now want to keep the district A applications open/active, but also apply for positions in District B, I would hope that "transferring" account information would keep me from having to manually re-enter all of the basic information again.

The word TRANSFER (instead of copy or import) just worries me and makes it sound like application information is only active in one district at a time, so I'm hoping it's just my potential misinterpretation of what the process is.  

1 Reply
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @myork24 

We see that you had been working with the PowerSchool Support Team and the resolution was provided that you can use the same email to create accounts in different districts. Even after transferring your account all the active applications on your old accounts still remain active and you can use the accounts whenever required. Transferring the application will give you an option to transfer few basic information but not all the information. It would be helpful in reducing a part of the time consumed while filling the application.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!