Some courses not going to Final

mscottmcauliffe
Hobbyist

Some courses not going to Final

We have a situation where we have random courses not going to final.  When you look at the transcript for a student and find the course that is missing information, this what is missing:

SCHOOL BSID

DATE CREDIT EARNED

CTCC SCHOOL BSID

If you enter the information and hit SAVE twice (as you get an error message after you save the first one), select Calculate Credits and the course will show as completed.  

If it's a grade 12 graduating student, you will need to go into Core Trillium, Awards/Credits and add the BSID number to the OSSD award under Granted by.

8 Replies
ambeaua
Journeyman

We had the same issues for some high school students - not all..
marks are there.  Courses says it's completed.  Just doesn't go to Transcritp as a credit.

Principal has added credit manually.

What is causing this problem?

LiseHenry
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Melinda,

Thank you for this post. At this time, no other school board has reported this issue. I've seen the case you have submitted and the agent assigned to the case will reach out to you shortly to complete more investigation on this issue.

Regards,

Lise Henry

mscottmcauliffe
Hobbyist

Hi Lise,

There is already a ticket in and we have been working with Delwin.  There wasn't a script that we could use, so I had to do screenshots to show all schools how to correct the issue manually.  We had between 2000-3000 courses that did not go to final.  These were completed the way I described above.

Thanks,

Melinda 

drouind
Rookie

We are noticing similar issues at Rainbow. The earned credit value is not updating properly (stays at 0) even if it's a valid passing mark. Most of those I've seen so far today are Dual Credit courses. Still investigating.

bilodeauj
Practitioner

@LiseHenry our Trillium support Team has just informed me that we are also experiencing the same issue at our board (CSViamonde). Is there any update from PowerSchool regarding this issue or any work arounds other than manually granting these credits?

LiseHenry
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@bilodeauj we are still trying to find the root cause of this issue internally. If you have not already done so, please open a support case and provide us with samples of these students, along with their person_id and their credit counselling summary (Consultation des crédits). Having information from other school boards could help us find a common issue.

LiseHenry
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

**Update**

We have determined that the students for whom some courses are not granting the credit following the final mark calculation is due to incorrect values in the student_enrolments.CBSID and DBSID fields. These appear to have an empty string value, when a 'Null' value is expected. The engineering team is continuing their investigation and we will provide further details once they are available.

LiseHenry
Community Moderator
Community Moderator