SchoolMessenger Support?

DonT1
Journeyman

SchoolMessenger Support?

Hi All,

Does anyone else have issues getting support for School Messenger?

Since the change to the Powerschool hotline and this website (help.powerschool.com) - support is harder than ever to get in a timely fashion.

Kind Regards,

Don

6 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

HI @DonT1 

We recognize that many of you are encountering delays in receiving support, particularly given the heightened volume of requests due to upcoming DMARC changes and other factors. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

Please be assured that addressing your concerns is our utmost priority, and we are fully committed to enhancing your overall experience. Our support team is actively engaged in refining our processes to ensure swifter responses, prioritizing the resolution of critical issues.

We genuinely appreciate your patience during this period, and we want to emphasize our dedication to resolving all open cases submitted by our customers. Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
DonT1
Journeyman

Hi Kris,

I appreciate your response but in two different situations I have not received an email response from Powerschool regarding Schoolmessenger support issues... once a ticket is created I recieve no confirmation of a ticket being created and two, then get no notification is the ticket is being looked at.  From where I sit, Powerschool was not ready to take on support for SM. Also, when calling in before 8am is just a waste of time. So that leads to more frustration.

Kind Regards,

Don

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @DonT1 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered when trying to contact Support. Please be assured that SchoolMessenger assistance is readily available to all users, and we are actively optimizing our systems to enable speedier replies, with a focus on resolving critical issues.

When you submit a ticket, you should receive a message confirming the case creation, as illustrated in the screenshot. Currently, we are unable to monitor SchoolMessenger cases through the Community case site. However, you will receive email notifications regarding your SchoolMessenger cases whenever a support engineer comments on them.

We greatly value your patience during this time, and we want to assure you that we are working diligently to resolve all open cases submitted by our customers. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and continued support.

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
DonT1
Journeyman

OK - I have waited but my patience is gone.  We pay for support and then don't get the require support... it has been 10 days without any response from School Messenger support - I have called in but there are NOT any SM support engineers available -  we just wait until Powerschool gets to it?  Since I never received a ticket, how do I know it will be worked on? 

Please note that SchoolMessenger/Powerschool should have had a system in place to handle the Google/Yahoo Demarc requirement, and if so, the required authentication could have been processed without support intervention. Additionally, SchoolMessenger made an unnecessary change as non-Google/Yahoo domains have also been impacted, forcing us to wait on SM support to allow us to use one of our domain email accounts, instead of the default broadcasts@schoolmessengermail.com. Which has caused a flurry of support emails to us about possible SPAM.

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @DonT1 

Our support team is actively engaged in enhancing our processes to ensure quicker responses and prioritizing the resolution of critical issues. As we manage the increased case volume due to DMARC changes, I trust this article will guide you in making necessary adjustments: Important Changes Required for Email Deliverability. You can temporarily opt for "Use Default Email," utilizing the SchoolMessenger email as a workaround.

KritiS
Community Moderator

DonT1
Journeyman

Note that this issue is not a KB resolution but was resolved on Monday afternoon via call into the support line.