The Data Continuity Service provides PowerSchool's customers with peace of mind by providing data backup and disaster recovery for on-premises instances of many of our products. This service includes the following features:
- Automated backup and compression of files TSG identifies as fundamental to the operation of the application and database.
- Post-compression multi-layer encryption involving the following technologies:
- Blowfish: At the beginning of the backup process, all files are locally encrypted with 448-bit Blowfish encryption.
- AES: A second layer of encryption is provided utilizing military–grade 256–bit AES encryption.
- SSL: These encrypted files are then sent via 128–bit SSL–the same encryption used in online banking.
- Secure transfer and storage of encrypted data to data centers employing state-of-the-art security and facilities certifications.
- Storage Monitoring: Notification of any alerts regarding the corruption of nightly backups
- Same-day initiation of restoration of local environment should local backups be unusable.
- Temporary hosting of application and database for 30 days if the local environment is compromised.