Making an assignment not count in final grade

ashleeharp5

Making an assignment not count in final grade

Hello,

PowerSchools Pro is linked to Canvas, which I use for grading. So, all assignments in PS Pro come from Canvas.

When I go to an assignment on PS and uncheck "count in traditional final grade", I get an error that says "This category is not associated to all of the selected classes".

I have checked an all of the categories on PS are attached to each class period, but I can't make it so the assignment don't count in the overall grade. Help please?

1 Reply
BishalG
Ninja

Hi @ashleeharp5,

There are multiple reasons that can cause the "This category is not associated to all of the selected classes" error message to occur, including scenarios where a category was created but never assigned to a specific class, scenarios where records were altered due to third party applications that make use of the PowerSchool SIS API and more.

For the first scenario, our article on PowerTeacher Pro - Grading - Categories can help, if that is not the reason why you are getting the error message, we will have to take a closer look at your district's PowerSchool SIS set up to identify the cause of the error message.  In that case, you will want to reach out to your school or district's Designated Support Contact to report this issue and they can work with PowerSchool SIS support towards a solution.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!