PowerTeacher v2.0 iPad App

Janessag1
Journeyman

PowerTeacher v2.0 iPad App

When I try to use the app for my iPad, my current term is not showing up. When I use the app on my desktop computers, my current term IS showing up. How can I fix this? Do I need to contact my school districts tech support? Please help. It would make my life so much easier to be able to enter grades on my iPad rather than sitting at my desk all the time looking at my computer, 

BTW - I was able to use the app last year correctly. 

Thank you. 

Janessa

7 Replies
Community Support Expert ElstonS
Community Support Expert

Re: PowerTeacher v2.0 iPad App

Hey @Janessag1

Thank you for reaching out for assistance on the PowerSchool Community!

If the current term is still not showing up on your iPad, it could be due to one of the following reasons: 

1) The school district has not enabled the current term view in the PowerTeacher Pro app. 

2) We are receiving a lot of reports regarding this from iOS users. It may be an issue with the iOS update.  

I'd recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool Designated Support Contact of your school district to make sure the current term view has been enabled on the PowerTeached Pro app. And if the term has been enabled, the PowerSchool Designated Support Contact will help you PowerSchool Designated Support Contact will work with the PowerSchool Support Team to gather all information needed to investigate and resolve the issue of the PowerTeacher Gradebook app being compatible with the new IOS version.

Please do let us know if you have any further queries. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Janessag1
Journeyman

Thank you, Elston. I contacted my tech support at my school district and they said do not support the mobile app. 

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

PowerSchool issued the following Tech Note this afternoon:

Dear Valued PowerSchool Customer,

PowerSchool is committed to providing the highest quality products and services to our K-12 education customers. Over the past few years, PowerSchool has moved away from developing enhancements on the PowerTeacher Mobile application. This announcement is to notify you that PowerTeacher Mobile has entered the final phase of its application lifecycle and serves as notice of discontinuation of support and maintenance, effective October 1, 2019.

Since 2010, this application has been used by many teachers and we understand it has become part of their day-to-day routine. The data in PowerTeacher Mobile will continue to be available through the PowerSchool Teacher Portal for those customers using the PowerTeacher Gradebook version of the PowerSchool SIS gradebook.

The PowerTeacher Mobile application will be removed from the App Store (iOS) on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 and no further updates will be provided by PowerSchool. If teachers seek a gradebook designed for use with mobile devices, we strongly recommend exploring and upgrading to PowerTeacher Pro.

We appreciate your partnership and look forward to assisting you with your future K-12 software needs.

Best Regards,

The PowerSchool Team

Janessag1
Journeyman

Hi Dan,

Thank you for that information! 

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

When PowerSchool introduced PowerTeacher Pro it was meant as a replacement for both the old Java based PowerTeacher Gradebook and the PowerTeacher iOS app. Because PTP is complient with modern web design, it adapts easily from the desktop, to the tablet to the phone. I'm not sure why the old app would even be needed anymore. (Unless you are still on PTG.)

Janessag1
Journeyman

Hi Dan, 

Thank you for commenting. My district is still using PTG. I’m guessing I’m out of luck using the app with my iPad.

Community Support Expert ElstonS
Community Support Expert

HI @Janessag1

Thank you for being an active member of the PowerSchool Community!

There is a thread here that provides communication of the app being gone and that PowerSchool has moved away from developing enhancements on the PowerTeacher mobile applications and will be discontinuing support and maintenance effective October 1, 2019.

Please feel free to get back to us if you have any further queries. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!