How to Start A Search
You can start a search from anywhere in our Community.
From the home page, your default will be to search All community.
On other pages, your default will be This category, Knowledge base, Board, etc. to help you find the most relevant content.
You can adjust your search parameters by clicking in the box to the left of the search bar and selecting where you want to search.
Once you enter a search term, you'll see results based on keywords. The results in the Search bar should display the article’s full title and location along with more details on the article.
To get to the full results page, simply press Enter or click on the magnifying glass on the search bar and you will come to a page that looks like the screenshot below:
In the screenshot above, we have highlighted 10 key features to help you search the Community:
- Search Bar: Type in search phrases to narrow down your results
- Content Sources: These tabs show the various sources you can search from. By default, you will search our PowerSchool Community, but you can also search Product Help for release notes and other product documentation, and PowerSchool's Youtube channel for helpful videos.
- Search Facets: You can narrow down by source, product, and other available facets to find the content you need.
- Search Filters: Displays the scope of your search. You can click on the X or Clear All to clear your filters.
- Search Results: Content that matches your search query. Terms that match your search will be underlined in the results.
- Advanced Search: Further refine your search by an exact phrase or include/exclude specific words.
- Export Search Results: You can export the results of your search in CSV format.
- Bookmarks: This feature lets you bookmark your search for the most common items you query and want to easily access in your next search.
- Sorting: Sort by Relevance or by Created Date.
- Views: Alter between list and grid views based on your preference.