Audio tracks

ricardobotti
Padawan

Audio tracks

By the end of this year, the chrome browser will no longer support flashplayer.  When I upload an audio file to my website on powerschool, it is played through a special  player. What is going to happen in December 2020 when Chrome deprecates flashplayer? 

7 Replies
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ricardobotti,

Thank you for posting your query in PowerSchool Community!

To assist you better, would you please let us know about the product where you are trying to upload the audio file?

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
FelixValdez
Journeyman

Hi @Reshma 

I have the same problem, we use a lot of audio for our English class in Unified Classroom and we are worry about the future of Flash and how can we still have the option to upload audio files so our student can practice the listening part of the English class.

Felix Valdez

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @FelixValdez 

Thank you for your patience!

yes, the flash player is not supported from December 2020. You should be able to use embed the web and you might need to find a suitable audio player. 

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
FelixValdez
Journeyman

Thank you @SowmyaN for your answer but it is not clear to me.

Do you mean than after December 2020 I won't have to worry about the flash player you use in PS Learning?

Or I need to start looking for a solution so my students can play la audio file (mp3)?

Felix Valdez

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @FelixValdez 

PowerSchool Learning does use Flash Player to play audio files. As the Flash Player is no longer supported after December 2020, I recommend checking for a suitable audio player that you can embed in your PowerSchool Learning Class using Embed the Web. I recommend reviewing the knowledgebase articles attached.

How Can I Embed Content From Other Sites Using Embed the Web?

Can I Embed a Website That Does Not Offer an Embed Code Into PowerSchool Learning?

Sowmya Karmel
ricardobotti
Padawan

So, what we really mean is : 

Now we can upload the audio files to our Powerschool website, and the flash audio player takes care of the rest. 

This will stop in December 2020.

Yes of course I can upload the file to another place or my own FTP and then I could use "link from the web" but it would be a patch solution that would make me have to upload the file outside PS and then get the link to paste into PS.  And yes I did some experiments using "Iframe" and Google Drive" but the process becomes slow.

Maybe your programmers should find a way to just get rid of the fuction that shows the flash audio player with .mp3 files, and then create a routine where, if the file has an mp3 extension, create an HTML 5 Audio tag.

<audio controls>
   <source src="myaudio.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
  </audio>

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @ricardobotti 

Thank you for posting in the Community!

I understand that you prefer and encourage the idea of the feature to be added. We recommend submitting this idea in PowerSchool Ideas Portal

We appreciate and encourage you participating in Community in making our products better. The Product team will provide communication to all districts that should walk through the features that will be added to each version in the release notifications.  

Thank you again for your input and feel free to reach us with any suggestions for improvement for our products. 

Sowmya Karmel