Transfer Student from another state

New Member

Transfer Student from another state

Hello All,


hope someone can assist me in this unique situation.


how can I enroll  my 16 year old cousin in high school in Lawrence, MA.? 

The unique situation is that I was granted her custody at the beginning of April. She was enrolled in High school in the state of PA but due to some family issues she was brought to me to Massachusetts just with the notarized letter indicating  that I'm responsible for her care and schooling.


is there a transfer application somewhere in which they can obtain her school records ??


I'm assuming she will have to repeat the year since she hasn't been in school since March but I didn't want to start a New application without knowing if that's the right thing.


hope anyone can have some tips.




1 Reply
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Mmercedes


Currently, when transferring between districts/States, student data cannot be moved from one PowerSchool SIS account to another. You would need to create a new Parent Portal account for the new district she would be enrolling into. Hence, you would also need to submit a new application form for the new district.


Also, if you are using PowerSchool Enrollment to access and submit your forms, you need not create a new Enrollment account. You can submit the new application for the new school using the existing account.





Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!