Confirmation Email

jarstader

Confirmation Email

I am trying to log in to Powerschool. When I try to log in, I get the following message:

"PowerSchool account email has not been verified. Click here  to resend a new account verification email."

I never received the initial verification email and when I try to request a new verification email, I don't get one. I've checked spam and every other folder. I don't think one is getting sent to me.

I've tried to contact support but I have to log in to get support. How does that make sense? This is my first day with this system and I'm already frustrated. How do I fix this?

14 Replies
rdhelms
Hobbyist

I (along with others) are having the same issue. It looks like PowerSchool just isn’t sending the verification email. The support chat also doesn’t currently seem to be working. Would love to get a response from PowerSchool regarding this issue.
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi, @jarstader, @rdhelms

If you are not receiving a verification email, please check your email spam folder. If there is no email in spam then this could be due to the customizations enabled by the district since the email configuration varies by district.  

We recommend reaching out to your school district to report this issue.  The School or District Administrators can work with PowerSchool Support to assist you further.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

ldbWSHS
Journeyman

The system is not sending confirmation emails this past week - can someone create a support ticket please? I checked spam/junk and tried several times using registered active email addresses. No emails from powerschool.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ldbWSHS,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing an inconvenience. We understand your concern but the setup for the verification emails sent to parents depends on the email setup for each district. We recommend reaching out to your school district administrators who would need to take a look at their setup and if that does not help then they can connect with the PowerSchool Support team.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

ldbWSHS
Journeyman

Ok thank you - I reached out and will let them know this. 

ldbWSHS
Journeyman

Hi there, @ParitoshT is there any way anyone can help us out? The school told me to create a new account - which I did, with another email address (highly inconvenient), and the portal said "account successfully created" - lo and behold, no email came to the new email address, not in junk, and when I tried to log in using the credentials just set, invalid login. And of course any emails requested to fix it are not received, looked in junk. 

rdhelms
Hobbyist

@ParitoshT @JyotishkaB while it may be true that the school district administrators can make adjustments on their end to fix the problem, this should definitely still be filed as a bug in PowerSchool. You have one of two problems:
1. A school administrator should not be ABLE to create a configuration in which parent users can create an account but not receive a verification email.
2. If for some odd reason you do want to allow school admins to create broken user states, then the UX from the parent user’s perspective is broken. A user should not receive a message that an email has been sent when the email has not actually been sent. At the very least, the PowerSchool interface should be able to detect when the user is in a broken state and show a more helpful message to the user.
ldbWSHS
Journeyman

Agree - work in tech too. @ParitoshT please let me know if there are logs I can send from my end to replicate the issue for the ticket that you would be so kind as to submit about this bug. I think the school admins would be glad as well if a ticket is created. Truly locked out with no recourse.

rdhelms
Hobbyist

@ParitoshT @JyotishkaB In worse news, on Saturday (during what was apparently a roughly 18-hour maintenance window on our district's PowerSchool instance) I received 14 "Account Email Verification" emails, which I can only assume were backlogged emails from the many times that I requested a verification email and did not immediately receive one. I also received 2 "Username Request" emails and 4 "Password Reset Request" emails.

Of course, the irony here is that non of the email links worked, because the instance was in maintenance mode. And then AFTER the maintenance window ended, the links still did not work.

So, still very broken.

faisalgh
Rookie

We are facing the same issue in our school district. The only instruction that the school gives is the "Click on the forgot password" link to get your new account set up in Naviance.

These emails do not come, and we are feeling helpless.

This is a crucial time for seniors, and it is impacting their college admissions process.

lesliermoss
Recruit

I am having the same issue registering for powerschool currently. very frustrating. I'm sure the school is just as sick of hearing from me as i am of calling them.

AdamsonArora
Journeyman

I'm seeing this same issue. I was given credentials to use to create an account and access some information for our children, however I get stuck on the login screen as the "email has not been verified."

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @AdamsonArora 

When you create your account on the Public portal using your email address, you are sent an email verification link on the same to verify your account. We recommend that you check your inbox and spam/junk folder to see if you have received the verification link. 

If you have not, you would need to reach out to the district to get the verification email again. You can check out the FAQs related to the enrollment process here.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

AdamsonArora
Journeyman

This continues to be an ongoing issue.

This didn't work back in November and it's not working now either. I've created a 2nd account, which also never received a verification email.