CANNOT REGISTER 2ND CHILD.

Clindeman
Hobbyist

CANNOT REGISTER 2ND CHILD.

WTH? I registered one twin and CANNOT get the second to go through. Printed out NINE pages of her registration and am comparing my answers to the submissions on his. Pretty much the same stuff except for a bit of medical info for him. I get the red 'Please complete all fields or you can't submit blah blah' on EVERY PAGE OF THE SUBMISSION. Apparently the entire Emergency Contact system doesn't work (Even our school mentioned this) and the Priority page article that is referred to doesn't even apply; it shows TWO areas of contacts to number under Contact Priority: Parents and Emergency Contacts. My page doesn't even look like that. Mine has one list:  Emergency Contact Priority. One group of five people. More importantly, I did it on my daughter's, her two parents and 3 'other' relatives are all listed, in order 2,1,3,4,5.  It TOOK hers. Son's is the same, so how can that be the reason? Can someone do something about this?  This is RIDICULOUS. I have spent literally hours on this. Whoever set up this software should lose the contract. Parents don't have the time to wade through crappy programs like this. 

11 Replies
SamuelN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Clindeman , thank you for participating in PowerSchool Community!

A frequently overlooked field is the Email Address field for your emergency contacts. The information in these fields must be entered in a valid format before the form can be submitted. If it appears that all email addresses have been entered in the correct format, make sure that no extra spaces have been entered before or after the address, as this could throw off the validators. Once you've entered all email addresses in the correct format, you should be able to submit your form.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Clindeman
Hobbyist

As I mentioned in my post, my daughter is already registered. The same three emergency contacts are in both kids' profiles. As a matter of fact, she has NO Emails listed under hers. I have since found Emails for 2 of the 3 people, and they are entered in his profile. The third person doesn't have one. Somewhere on the forms you can check a box to indicate the person has NO Email adress. That box is NOT there as a choice for any emergency contact, but as I said these same contacts went through with no Email addresses for my daughter.

. Can you people look her up and then SOMEHOW see my son's profile to figure out what the heck is going on? Can you enroll/register him?  Because by this time, it's possible something microscopic is actually wrong with my form; I've been working on this for DAYS and it makes absolutely no sense. Please let me know. 

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @Clindeman

Thank you for posting on the PowerSchool Community!

An email address is required to submit the registration form in order to submit it. If you are still having difficulties submitting the form after entering the email address, feel free to reach out to our Enrollment Support Team using the link provided below: 

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Support-Case-Chat/ct-p/SupportCaseChat

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Clindeman
Hobbyist

I would just like to mention for others that we DID finally solve this - altho it makes NO sense at all. I did a Live Chat. There is one emergency contact Email spot that was blank (this person has no Email) - the tech literally put in a made-up nonsense Email, and then DELETED it, so the space was STILL empty.  BUT it accepted my form

@Clindeman wrote:

As I mentioned in my post, my daughter is already registered. The same three emergency contacts are in both kids' profiles. As a matter of fact, she has NO Emails listed under hers. I have since found Emails for 2 of the 3 people, and they are entered in his profile. The third person doesn't have one. Somewhere on the forms you can check a box to indicate the person has NO Email adress. That box is NOT there as a choice for any emergency contact, but as I said these same contacts went through with no Email addresses for my daughter.

. Can you people look her up and then SOMEHOW see my son's profile to figure out what the heck is going on? Can you enroll/register him?  Because by this time, it's possible something microscopic is actually wrong with my form; I've been working on this for DAYS and it makes absolutely no sense. Please let me know. 

this time, if you can believe that. I put this child's twin sister in with NO Emails at all - the blanks were empty - and it took hers, so this makes no sense whatever.  I got no explanation about it from the tech either. So, my advice would be to skip requesting answers here & just immediately go to a Live Chat or tech. Maybe if enough people bog down the tech support, they will get this site to work properly by next year.  

ElstonS
Senior

Hey @Clindeman , 

Thank you for taking time out and posting this solution on PowerSchool Community! I'm sure it'll be beneficial for many. 

We're glad you were able to submit the form. 

Elston S.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

PennyR50
Journeyman

Trying to reg another child
Pennyrichards
ElstonS
Senior

Hi @PennyR50

Thank you for posting on the PowerSchool Community. 

To further assist you with this, would you please let us know if you are facing any difficulties submitting the Enrollment form to register your other child? Do you see an error message that is preventing you from submitting the form? 

Elston S.

PennyR50
Journeyman

No I can’t pull up where I reg my other 2 so I can add this one and reg him
Pennyrichards
AbrittyB
Senior

Hello @PennyR50,

The knowledge-base article "Register Another Child" should guide you through the common tips and tricks to complete the same form for another child that you have already finished for one of your children.

Also, I am providing the link to another Knowledge-base article that discusses the procedure of accessing PowerSchool Parent Portal and the attachment at the bottom of the article describes the procedure of Adding a Student to Your Parent Portal Account. Please click on the link below.

Powerschool Parent Portal Access 

AbrittyB
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

peters2n
Padawan

Agree, I can’t figure it out either....the one thing that should be easy. PowerSchool , wake up!!!!!!
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for your response in the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties enrolling your student(s) in the upcoming school year within PowerSchool Enrollment.  I have provided a link to the Enrollment Family Support FAQs to help with common questions asked by parents when enrolling their students.

Enrollment (Registration) Family Support FAQ

If you are unable to find an answer or resolution within the Enrollment Family Support FAQs, would you please provide details of any issues or questions you have with the Enrollment process to allow us to further assist?