Annual Student Verification (& other issues)

CtotheHPSC
Recruit

Annual Student Verification (& other issues)

I am unable to complete Annual Student Verification for one of my children. I've successfully completed the verification for one of my children, but despite identical contact information, am getting two errors when completing the verification for child #2. Errors are:

Please Note: This contact is linked to a PowerSchool Parent Portal account for this student. Removing this contact will result in loss of access to this student’s grades and attendance information in Parent Portal for this contact.

and 

This contact is linked to a PowerSchool Parent Portal account for this student, and cannot be removed. Please click Restore Contact.

There are only two contacts for my students and they're entered in the verification exactly the same. This one just won't go through. 

To make matters even more frustrating, I also can not access the chat feature. After jumping through the hoops of registering for the community and verifying the email address, then returning to launch the chat for help, I get the following error:

This contact is linked to a PowerSchool Parent Portal account for this student, and cannot be removed. Please click Restore Contact.

So my only resort is the 866-434-6276 "help" number (at time of writing this I have been on hold on this line for 16 minutes...and counting). 

I also searched the forums for related issues but questions somewhat similar to mine have gone unanswered. Some help would be great. 

1 Reply
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @CtotheHPSC,

I am sorry you are having these issues.

It appears that you are not able to delete the contact yourself. 

At PowerSchool, we can help you understand and navigate an error but we can not access your data. Please reach out to your child's school and ask them to help with the contact records and errors you are receiving as they have access to change data, unlink contacts, etc.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support