recommendations for past classes/completed classes

jivywood

recommendations for past classes/completed classes

It looks like the process to enter recommendations is very straightforward and intuitive IF you're entering recommendations for students who are enrolled in a course that's still in progress. But I haven't been able to figure out how to enter recommendations for students who were enrolled in a class that's already completed (i.e., it's S2 now, and I want to add recommendations for the students in my S1 classes ahead of the coming academic year). I know that there's a way to do this, but I can't find any resources that talk me through the process, and I haven't sleuthed out the solution on my own. Can anyone talk me through it?

6 Replies
jivywood

Bueller? Bueller?

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jivywood 

Currently, we do have this availability to enter recommendations for students who were enrolled in a class that's already completed  However, if you would like to have this feature available then you can submit an Enhancement Request.

You can log this as an Enhancement Request on PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
jivywood

You say you do have it available. If you do have it available, then why would I submit an enhancement request? I don’t follow.

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jivywood 

I apologize for the confusion caused. Currently, we do not have this available to enter recommendations for students who were enrolled in a class that's already completed and recommend submitting an enhancement request.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@jivywood Are you a teacher? Are you asking about PowerTeacher (the Teacher-side of PowerSchool)?

If the answer to those question is "yes," I suspect the folks on the Admin side have set the Default Term Level to "Semester" or "Shortest Possible," which is hiding completed classes from you.

There are a couple things that can be done.

Someone on the Admin side can set the Default Term Level to Full Year so that teachers can see all their classes.

Someone on the Admin side can install the enhanced PowerTeacher Home plugin written by Romy Backus. It is Download ID 1257 on PowerSource.

We are also extracting data using PowerQueries API. We found that there is some sort of issue with extracting students.mother and students.father after the district has reached some point in consolidating their contacts into the new person tables.