User-Agent Data - Schoology

stvxenson
Journeyman

User-Agent Data - Schoology

Afternoon,  I'm curious if you can tell me what user-agent data (i.e. operating system, browser, browser version, etc.) is retained when a user accesses Schoology?  Can you also let me know how long this data is retained?

I'm trying to find this information for a particular login on October 27th, 2022.  

Thank you

Steve Christenson

727-364-4146 if you need to reach me to discuss the login details.

6 Replies
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @stvxenson,

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community!

The Community function is to provide how-to and troubleshooting as well as provide PowerSchool product customers with a place to collaborate to share ideas.

Your post is geared toward the product support team. I will create a case for you and the support team will reach out to you through the case.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
stvxenson
Journeyman

Thank you so much.  How do I access the information on the case?  Or will they reach out to me via email or through my phone number?

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @stvxenson,

They have your email and phone number. Initially, they will reach out by email from the case. You will be able to reply to the email from the case at any time to share information or request status updates.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
stvxenson
Journeyman

good afternoon.  I was able to learn the user-agent data is available however the school district has refused to pull the data for us.  Another student was able to gain access to my son's account and view grades, etc.   We have asked the school to research this further but they claim this data is not available able to get a resolution.  We would like the information about the operating systems (full user agent logs) for 10/27/2022.  Time is passing and the district is dragging their feet.  I'm afraid this data will not be accessible much longer.

Am I able to submit a request on the school's behalf and request this data be sent directly to individuals at the school?  I can provide user ID, login dates, etc.  anything that is needed to help find a resolution. 

Thank you very much

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @stvxenson

We recommend reaching out to your school administration or your district office who should be able to assist you further.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
stvxenson
Journeyman

Thank you for your reply, requests have been made to the district however as indicated above the district has either taken the stance that the data is not available (which my previous communication) or they are unable to obtain the information.
I have previously submitted case #06886530 and case # 06886548 regarding this matter and have confirmed the user-agent data/string is available upon request by the district.  I'm happy to provide a contact at the district for you regarding this situation, they can provide further details.  Thank you.