Unable to authenticate, there was no valid return URL found. Please report this to your administrato

Mayur_Khandelwal
Journeyman

Unable to authenticate, there was no valid return URL found. Please report this to your administrato

We have integrated the Schoology APIs in our web application. When I call the below URL, it authorizes the user but will not redirect a user to our application

https://app.schoology.com/oauth/authorize?" + authorizeToken + "&oauth_callback=" + webUrl +  "?code=schoology"

The above URL validates the user credential and shows the "Unable to authenticate, there was no valid return URL found. Please report this to your administrator" message. Earlier this URL was redirecting the user to our application.

Any help is appreciated.

6 Replies
navyn
Padawan

Ran into the same issue.

There have been changes to the parameter name, change it from "&oauth_callback=" to "&return_url="

Mayur_Khandelwal
Journeyman

Hi Navyn,

I tried with "&return_url=" but it is also not working.

navyn
Padawan

Some changes we're undocumented or probably made inadvertently. Make sure the URL encoded return_url doesn't have the protocol or port number specified.

For example, the return_url https://sekolah.org:80/schoology should now be changed to sekolah.org/schoology if not it will be invalid.

Mayur_Khandelwal
Journeyman

Hi Navyn,

I am using API integration in our application. Do I need to set up the Authentication tab also? which contains the remote auth URL and return URL.

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Mayur_Khandelwal

In order to protect your privacy and avoid sharing any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) data in the Community, we recommend reaching out to the Technical Contact of your district who should be able to connect with the PowerSchool Support Team. The Support Team would be able to take a closer look at your application, gather more information, and assist you further.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Bulb
Journeyman

Hello @Mayur_Khandelwal 

Have you resolved this issue?

Thanks