Transportation Information - does the Start Date need to match the student's actual start date

mkerr
Journeyman

Transportation Information - does the Start Date need to match the student's actual start date

We have never used the transportation portion of PowerSchool and I've been tasked to input our students' bus numbers and stops.    My question is, does the start date on the transportation "tab" need to match the student's actual start date?    I will be inputting our new incoming 7th graders as well as our existing 8-12th grade students (over 700 total) to get started and would prefer to just put 8/24/22 for every student this year, and then as we add students going forward I can add their actual start date.     

Thank you!

Melissa

1 Reply
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @mkerr

Usually, the start date is when the student begins the transportation services. However, you can use any dates depending on when the student starts as long as they are within the Year/Terms. 

However, if this is related to State Reporting, you would want to confirm the dates from the state.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!